SCO-Fire, with Group B2 Fire Safety Codes Officers who are certified with the Safety Codes Council assist our municipal and corporate partners with:
- Compliance Inspections of all building occupancy types as defined by the National Fire Code – Alberta Edition.
- Occupant Load Certificates as required by the National Fire Code and AGLC.
- Mobile/Temporary Cooking Operations that includes review or development of fire safety plans and yearly fire inspections for compliance.
- Special Event Permits that includes review and/or fire safety planning of the event.
- Construction & Demolition fire safety plan review and/or development.
In cooperation with businesses and building owners and mangers, regular fire safety inspections ensure a safe environment for employees and the general public, including fire fighters that may have to enter the buildings during an emergency.
SCO-Fire, with Group “E” Fire Safety Codes Officers who are certified with the Safety Codes Council, provide for the inspection of flammable & combustible liquid storage tank systems including the issuance of permits for the installation, alteration, or removal of flammable and combustible liquid storage tank systems as required by the The Safety Codes Act – Permit Regulation.
SCO-Fire can assist municipalities that are accredited in Part 4 of the NFC(AE) with permitting and inspections of flammable & combustible liquid storage tank systems as per their QMP that includes:
- Inspection of new and existing above ground tank, piping and dispensing installations and removals.
- Inspection of new and existing underground storage tank, piping and dispensing installations and removals.
- Inspection of service stations.
- Review plans for new flammable and combustible liquid storage tank systems or alternations.
- Issue permits and variances for petroleum storage tanks.
- Investigate unsafe conditions related to petroleum storage tanks.